TechSpot

OS doesn't recognize my SATA drive

By abraxus22
Dec 10, 2005
  1. I just finished building a machine and my OS isn't recognizing my SATA drive.

I have the Asus K8V-X SE MB (64bit AMD) and I am using a Western Digital 80GB SATA drive. I went into the bios and turned on the RAID functionality (which I am not using because I only have one drive) and truned on the SATA functionality. I press F6 at the beginning of the install and everything goes fine until it says it can't find a hard drive. I am not using the IDE slots because the HD only has Serial hook-up.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

2. luvitupu

luvitupu TS Rookie

i recently built a pc with a sata drive in and used maxblast and it found the drive and formatted it but when the system booted it still wouldnt find it so i looked on the motherboard disc and there in chipset were the drivers for the motherboard to look for a sata drive on boot up i put the drivers on floppy and when the system booted i pressed it for to install a raid driver in went the floppy and bobs your uncle there it was i formated it and installed windows and all's going fine

hope this helps you out

hopefully youve got another pc to browse the motherboard disc

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.