OS for new build?

tm5rto

Hi, all! I just finished my first build, based on MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, with a i7-4790K and GeForce GTX 970 4Gb. Probably not the most prudent set up for the first build, but I wanted a good set up.

My question is: I'd like to stay with Win 7 Pro, not a big fan of Win 8, and a little suspicious about Win 10. Would anyone know of any issue that would come up from going with Win 7?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, all! I just finished my first build, based on MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, with a i7-4790K and GeForce GTX 970 4Gb. Probably not the most prudent set up for the first build, but I wanted a good set up.

My question is: I'd like to stay with Win 7 Pro, not a big fan of Win 8, and a little suspicious about Win 10. Would anyone know of any issue that would come up from going with Win 7?

Thanks in advance!

For DirectX 12 you will need Windows 10. For almost everything else Windows 7 is much better desktop OS.

I like Windows 10 and think it is a big improvement on Windows 7. However I don't play games so I'd check that the games you want to play are Windows 10 compatible. If they are I'd say go with Windows 10. W7 is old and it will become more and more difficult to stick with it. The sooner you upgrade the easier it will be.

Back