OS formatting

I am using a windows 8 OS. My usb drive is suddenly not recognizing any devices after windows installed an update. Further during a recent home shifting my CD drive got damaged. I want to know whether I should format my system. If yes how can I format my system without a CD drive & USB drives. However I have another computer connected in a LAN. Will it be of any help.

Please give me a solution. Thanks in advance.

Restore your system to just before the update. if you don't know how to do that, it's about time you did. Use the windows search facility for 'system restore'

The only option is with a USB or CD. I dont think there is any other way. I dont think you can mount the image.

Try this:
1) Plug in the USB Drive.
2) Go into device manager
3) Under "Removable Devices", the USB should be under there.
4) Right click and press uninstall.
5) Remove the USB
6) Re insert the USB

Restore your system to just before the update. if you don't know how to do that, it's about time you did. Use the windows search facility for 'system restore'

thank you sir. I went for system restore & it worked. thanx again!!!!!!!!!

Happy to see that. It seems MS has really made a mess of a few million PCs this month (October 2013 patch Tuesday), and the main problems are around USB. That (amongst other reasons) is why everyone needs to be fully aware of how to 'go back in time' for a few days with their system.

Also switch off automatic updating or it will simply happen again, and again, and again. The best setting for updates is 'let me know when updates are available'. Then you control the process, not MS.

Back