Out of range error when using Radeon X1300

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to replace my intagrated video with a Radeon X1300 but I keep getting the "out of range" error. It can happen at any time, when Im in BIOS, on safe mode and on the regular mode a couple of seconds after windows is already running. Once I get the error theres nothing I can do to make it go away except for turning off the computer. Also when Im starting the computer the monitor blinks for a few seconds. I never had any dispaly problems when using my integrated video or the same monitor with an older computer.

I tried running with another monitor (an old CTR one) but its the same thing. Im pretty sure that it is not a resolution issue since I tried all of them and always got the error. I read somewhere that it could aslo be a frecuency error but Im not sure of how to deal with that.

Im guessing that is a connection issue but Im not sure. Right now Im using a DVI-VGA adapter that doesn't seem to have a very stable connection. I also have a problem with video card not fitting on my chasis since the chasis itself is too small. The video card seems to fit just fine in the PCI-Express x16 slot and get all the power it needs so I dont think thats the problem but I can be 100% sure about that. I alsoremoved the drivers from the intagrated video (nvidia) but not sure I did it right.

Anyways Im really out of ideas and not sure where the problem could be. I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks

My specs:
Dell C521
AMD athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.3Ghz.
2Gb Ram
Windows Vista Home Premium (32bits).
Viewsonic LCD monitor
Intagrated Video (trying to replace it with a Radeon X1300 256mb PCI express)

Most likely, the problem is with your monitor... You are not using a monitor which is the equal to the video graphics card... or your display settings are incorrect. Play with the settings, until you get something working.

Well I have tried different setttings and all with the same result, is there anything specific I should check?
is there a problem if I try to install a full sized video card on a low profile case other than not being able to close the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back