Out of Range Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great_Assassin

I want to play this game called Maple Story really badly but when I put it on a blue box appears and it says "ATTENTION OUT OF RANGE". I tried changing the refresh rate and I tried changing the screen resolution but I still can't seem to get it to work. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem so I can play?

I downloaded the right one

I didn't download the wrong one. I clicked on GAME DOWNLOAD, then clicked on the DOWNLOAD.exe one. Its just when I try to put it on the screen goes black and says OUT OF RANGE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO FIX THIS???

Try starting the PC in safe mode start the game and match the resolution to one that the graphics card, monitor and the game support.

I put it to safe mode and the resolution was 1024x768. That's what it's like before safe mode. AND IT DIDN'T WORK. When it's on safe mode the internet doesn't even work. So that means I can't play Maple Story. Does anyone actually know what to do?

that resolution is the monitors native resolution, but it will support many under that, if u check the game it will also have what it supports. set the resolution that both will support.

When I downloaded the game I noticed that it started in fullscreen mode; I didn't notice if there was an option to change video settings in or out of the game. Man you can save yourself a bunch of trouble if you simply bought a cheap CRT $10.00-$15.00 (tube type) monitor that supports the game.

As far as I can tell ther is no legal (within the game TOS) way to change the screen resolution from anything other than default.

I did a little searching on the game and you have some help close at hand. Browse to C:\Nexon\MapleStory\Setup.exe and doubleclick Setup.exe. If you get the same error you're currently getting after you've gone through all the steps then you can't play the game with your current monitor. The Setup program changes the refresh rate of your monitor for the game. Why the game would need to controll your monitor's refresh rate I don't know.

The games screen resolution is actually less than 800X600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back