Outlook 07 Safe Mode vs Regular Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a power outage recently and even though the backup kicked in, our MS Outlook 07 (running on XP Pro) will only open in Safe Mode with limited features. When I reboot, I get an error message saying Outlook wasn't closed properly. It will not load at all unless I click on the offer to operate in safe mode. How do I get the system to function normally in regular mode with full features again? I'd appreciate any how-to help anyone can provide. THANKS!

Reinstall. It has been too badly damaged. Your settings have been preserved as has your mail, in most cases... but it is still wise to use Outlook recovery software (see www.majorgeeks.com and others) before you perform the reinstall... your files in process at the time of the failure are likely lost.

I just went through this with a client. If you need an install disk so you don't have to install Office 2007 all over again, let me know.

raybay said:
Reinstall. It has been too badly damaged. Your settings have been preserved as has your mail, in most cases... but it is still wise to use Outlook recovery software (see www.majorgeeks.com and others) before you perform the reinstall... your files in process at the time of the failure are likely lost.
Outlook only has the PST and as you say, it's likely to be toast :(

For this reason, I EXPORT Contacts and Calendar data separately for IMPORT at a later time

For Ray - Install Disk?

Yikes! I do not want to risk reinstalling all of Office so yes, if there is a way to just reinstall Outlook please advise.

And thanks also to JoBeard. I don't know what PST is but I'll try to backup the contacts and see what's what afterwards.

mine is located at
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst

I export a Calendar.pst and Contacts.pst to act as portable backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back