Outlook 2007 won't auto send/recieve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karmashock

(SOLVED) Outlook 2007 won't auto send/recieve

I already went to Tools > Options > Send/Receive and then said ok to all the option. It should send and receive whether online or off every 10 minutes. But it doesn't do it at all.

I even went MS help and they said that I should make a new Send receive group, disable the old one, and set up the new one in the same way.

Same result. It is not auto sending or receiving.

I'm trying to use outlook to automate certain email functions thus it defeats the whole point if I have to tell it to send and receive myself.

Is there an addon I can get that will bypass outlook's BROKEN send/receive function and just force it to do it? I've look around on the internet and this seems to be a very common problem that outlook has had for years and years. I therefore believe it to be a flaw in the software to be bypassed.

I had this saved in a notepad, hopefully it applies here to you:

Do you want to save any data in mail? (hopefully not)
Remove your profile:

Control Panel-> Additional Options-> View 32-bit Control Panel Items-> Mail-> button Show Profiles…

Rename MSMAPI32.DLL to MSMAPI32.OLD

to find this file:

Start-->Run--> %CommonProgramFiles%\System\MSMAPI\1033

try re-opening Outlook
Still problems?
Go to Add/Remove programs and do a repair on Office

Well because you have corruption in Outlook I cannot confirm if backing up and restoring will work

So yes try it (export)
And print any required emails you may have (here we go there's thousands aren't there :rolleyes: )

Well because you have corruption in Outlook I cannot confirm if backing up and restoring will work
if I make a new email address from scratch will that work? I can make a new one and just see what happens...

or do I have to delete the old one before I add a new account?

So yes try it (export)
And print any required emails you may have (here we go there's thousands aren't there :rolleyes: )
well, I was moving my email from thunderbird to outlook because thunderbird's email filters were not sophisticated enough. I also was attracted to outlook's smartphone integration.

Anyway, so all my email is backed up already. I'm just wondering if importing the email into outlook is what caused the problem in the first place?

Let me know if this makes sense:
I can make a new bogus account where I'll just drag and drop all my existing email. I'll also export my addressbook because that really really has to be backed up.

Then I'll delete the bad account, make a new one, and see if it will auto send/receive. If it will then I'll drag and drop my backed up email back into the account and import the old address book.

does that seem logical? I've already tried repairing outlook.

just noticed something, Tools > send receive > Send receive settings > Disable scheduled Send/receive

This option was enabled, ergo scheduled send receive was disabled.

I just allowed scheduled send receive. It now works.

HUZZAH!!!

This is what causes all the problems. Damn you MICROSOFT!!! Everyone on the internet is getting confused and it's because they have a second setting that no one talks about that disables the feature.

<---- Annoyed.

Though, I'm very pleased it works now. :)

Two options in Outlook !!?? Why MS? Why?

Thanks for the update :grinthumb
I don't get it. They think they're making it easier to use by breaking up the preferences/options into a million bits so that you're rarely confronted by a lot of choices. But what they've failed to consider is that by breaking it up they've made it harder to find everything.

I guess I'll just have to remember to look for hidden settings in MS products from now on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back