Outlook 2k3:Disabling Reading view When opening attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac

hey Guys,

Does anyone know if there is a bugg or something that is not letting users change settings in outlook.

i want to disable the allow reading view option from outlook and word 2k3, and i go to tools >general> uncheck the allow reading view, and it works but as soon as i reboot my computer the settings go back to default.

Is this an ongoing Problem? is there a fix to this? or it's not possible to permanently uncheck this option.

I've been asked to do this where i work and i thought it was an easy fix, but i guess there is something else going on.

These computers are Running Windows XP service Pack2, Part of a Domain.

can anyone help please/

Perhaps the setting is forced on you with Group Policy?

Run "gpresult /v" to see any settings that are forced on you bu the domain.

thanks!

thanks!

i did the gpresult/v command but i don't see anything relevant there.
i mean, i'm able to change the settings but as soon as i reboot the computer, the changes are lost,they don't stick. I thought that it was GPO related but since i'm able to change it i don't know if that's a posibility.

What should i expect to see when i run the gpresult/v regarding outlook/office or opening file attachments?

anyone please.

Anything that says "Outlook" in it?

If it's not a policy setting, then maybe it comes in via a login script that does some registry tweaks? Or a mandatory profile?

Really, you should be complaining to your IT staff about this. I bet that your company rules or local legislation forbid circumventing computer security and any policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back