Outlook, Exchange, and Profiles

By Luckton
Feb 25, 2003
  1. Forgive my newbness if this is a common question or if it cannot be done, but I was wondering:

If I'm running a Windows 2000 server domain, with Exchange 2000 as my email server, and everyone is using Outlook 2000 with Windows 200 Workstation machines, is it possible to have a user's Outlook profile automatically setup on a computer that they've never logged into before, rather than having to do it manually?

For instance right now I have a new computer that I need to setup that is going to be used by 6 users. Do I have to log on as each user and setup their Outlook profile individually, or can it be set somewhere in Exchange or the Server to where when they logon to the computer for the first time that their Outlook profile and setup is downloaded and setup on the computer?

I appreaciate any replies! Thank you!

-Justin "Luckton"
  2. pcunite

pcunite TS Rookie

Create Outlook Exchange profiles automatically.

Outlook Profiler works very well.
  3. Goalie

Goalie TS Booster Posts: 616

If you have windows 2000 workstations, you could implement roaming profiles...
  4. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

Do you use policies? Set up a network policy that will set up the server ID and set the user's login account name as the Exchange account name.
  5. lowman

lowman TS Rookie Posts: 380

Network Policies and Roaming Profiles

Either network policies or roaming profiles will work well for you in this situation. Do some reading up on the subjects and test it in a lab environment before you decide to kick anything off...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.