Outlook Express 6 Hangs on Send and Receive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I'm struggling with this problem for the last 2 days now and Microsoft has no clue as to what may cause this isssue.
We are running Windows Server 2003 R2 with terminal services. Our domain server is still NT4 (I know hehe). Our mail server is Linux with exim 4.

We did a security update a week ago (KB958644) and reloaded service pack 2. We also uninstalled Pearl Echo because we thought it was the cause of a rnapp error. We also used Hijack This to fix the lines containing the rnapp files and rebooted into safemode and deleted the \program files\commen files\microsoft shared\pse7 directories.
Since then, when we create new users, their outlook express hangs on send and recieve. It shows that its recieving message 1 of 5 for example but times out after a while. It authenticates with the mail server and when their is no messages in their store folder on the mail server the send and recieve has no problem.
Note - the "old" users have now problem.

I've searched through countless of forums for this but could not find an answer anywhere.
Your help would be apreciated cause i'm almost at the point where I'm going to reload everything.

Regards
Rynhardt

Rynhardt, I don't have any technical advice for you. But my first thought when reading your post was "that's a lot of different servers for the OE server to try and get through"!

Please see if any of these pages help:
Linux with exim 4+OE> See #2 HERE
Exim4> See #2 HERE

Regarding rnapp error+OE> HERE

Thx Bobbye for the advise. The problem came in with the pearl echo software. We uninstalled the server side but not the client side. Instead of manually deleting the pse 7 directory which contained the rnappp file we should have run the ec7unins.exe for pearl echo. That corrupted the winsock in some or other way.

Just ran the lspfix tool and everything is working 100% now.

Thx again for the advise

Sounds like you know what you're doing! Glad to hear the problem has resolved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back