TechSpot

Outlook Express keeps overwriting my drafts

By Mixebug
Jan 14, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I encountered this problem originally using a Pocket PC but now I'm using Outlook Express v.6.00 on Windows 98SE, and the problem is still with me.

I am trying to create any number of email messages that all contain basically the same text but each one to a different address. To do this, I compose the message, add the first address, and save it to my drafts folder. Then I enter in the address and name of the next recipient (along with any other minor changes to the text body), and again save it as a draft. However, it simply overwrites the first one so that no matter how many copies I try to make, I can only save the one latest copy to the drafts drawer.

The obvious workaround is to compose and send each message individually, which is too time and work consuming. I know there must be a way to do what I'm trying to do because I can do it on Yahoo, just not on my own email account.

(Incidentally, this is not an attempt to create spam; these are legitimate business mail contacts but I simply need to find out how to streamline the process.)

Any suggestions, or any advice as to what I may be (perhaps very ignorantly) not doing right?

2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.