TechSpot

Outlook Express not displaying body of the message

By Bartender802
Mar 17, 2004
  1. Any ideas what might be the problem. and if so where did u find your fix?

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

I have no idea what this is referring to. Please provide us with more information.

3. Bartender802

Bartender802 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 58

I open Outlook Express and try to read my mail but there is nothing in the body of the message, I have sent myself various e-mails that have text in the body of the message and can't get any of the bodies of the messages to display. I have rebooted the PC, ran spybot for any spyware that might have caused this, checked on Microsofts page and can't find anything. Going to try and reinstall IE 6 SP1. just wondering if anyone had any ideas before I reinstall IE 6

4. jshields13

jshields13 TS Rookie Posts: 109

Have you tried clicking "view" and then "preview pane"?

5. Bartender802

Yep still does the same thing

6. poertner_1274

That is very strange, maybe you can try to repair it? Go to add/remove programs in your Control Panel. Then click on windows components and see if Outlook Express is in there. If it is, click on it and see if repair is an option.

7. Bartender802

Ok thanks

8. ehandad

ehandad TS Rookie

having the same problem

I'm having exactly the same problem...did you ever find a solution?

9. ehandad

ehandad TS Rookie

10. poertner_1274

Thank you for posting the solution, I am sure it will come in handy for someone in the future :D

11. Bartender802

Have found that "Outlook Express not displaying body of the message" is not always spyware. Click> Start>Run> Type in “regsvr32 inetcomm.dll“ hit okthat cures the problem. This is just from what I found out

12. daredevillv

daredevillv TS Rookie

Has anyone solved this

These solutions don't work. And I'm having the exact same problem with my outlook express.

It seems to download the email, but won't display the body of the text, only the subject heading.

Any help would be great!

OE 6

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.