TechSpot

Outlook Express problem

By stacie4171
Apr 9, 2006
  1. My daughter deleted my folder with all of my emails in it. It is not showing up in the Deleted folder either. Is there a way to retreive the messages??

2. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 TS Rookie Posts: 356

If they aren't in the deleted items folder then they are gone.

3. stacie4171

stacie4171 TS Rookie Topic Starter

That's what I thought. I was just hoping I was wrong.

Stacie

4. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

5. Jimbo420

You and your cunning little plans. Do have a link stashed away for every little problem like this :p?

6. Peddant

I only said I had a cunning plan.I didn`t say it would work.Probably a 30% chance.

7. Jimbo420

I know I didn't think about that and I am just giving you some crap is all :)

8. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

The danger with your cunning little plan is, that you could overwrite vital OE-info when installing those cunning little programs!

9. Peddant

In the services of Techspot I downloaded Handy recovery,and deleted 6 old emails as a test.
    It took about 40 minutes to complete the search.It found everything I`ve ever deleted,ever.Including some very old emails.However, it didn`t find the emails I`d just deleted.Perhaps I should have deleted a folder.That would have been a better test.

10. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

If you have XP, maybe a system-restore brings them back?
    Provided of course that your system-restore was switched ON.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.