TechSpot

Outlook Express Problems

By maness112002
Jul 9, 2007
  1. I was having no problems sending are recieving email, but one day when I went checked my email it would keep giving the smae error message for sending emails. Please help me. Here is the error message.

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'road runner', Server: 'smtp-server.hawaii.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 66.75.160.20 (66.75.160.20:25), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

Hi

Have you got any antivirus that is scanning the emails as they come in, such as AVG, Norton, Macafee etc.

regards

3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

your server could be having issues at the time. If you haven't changed anything, then you should not worry, try later.

4. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

5. maness112002

maness112002 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

I do have AVG running, but that hasn't caused any problems in the past. Also once it started with the error message 4 days ago, it hasn't stopped. I have even have delete my email accont from outlook and then re-put it through.

6. CCT

Assuming 'road runner', Server: 'smtp-server.hawaii.rr.com' is you and your ISP, that second article I linked to says that Error 10060 means THEY are blocking you because you are trying to direct access another SMTP server.

Contact your ISP - ask.

7. maness112002

maness112002 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

I am visting my parents who do not have Road Runner, am I am using there wireless internet to access my account, but my mom also just added me to her bellsouth account.

8. CCT

Sorry -all that means nothing to me - I just gave you the info I could find.

:)

9. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,334   +622

THIS WILL NOT WORK.
    This is the backdoor that allows email spam.
    Login to the webmail version and send from there.

It's a real pain but your SMTP host on roadrunner is not the first SMTP server
    being accesses -- (that's the one your parents use) -- and this occurs solely
    due to port 25 being trapped by the ISP. This is known as a Mail Relay and
    almost everyone blocks (or should block) this kind of email send configuration.

10. CCT

jobeard: should: 'THEY are blocking you because you are trying to direct access another SMTP server.'

be changed to: THEY are blocking you because you are trying to direct access to/from another SMTP server.

11. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,334   +622

fine and good, but to use this
    pop3/smtp on this ISP, you will need:
    a) a new email address relative to that ISP and
    b) reconfigure your email reader to that specific SMTP

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.