Outlook not sending emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphmex

Hello, i have a big problem here. I try to send emails from my Outlook and they seem to send correctly, outlook puts them on Sent Items, no errors. I have the correct POP and SMTP addresses from my email provider, but they do are not being sent. What can be happening? i`m stuck here!!!

I disable email scanning at Norton, i disable windows Firewalls but still i have the problem.

Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.

Has anyone found a resolve for this problem? I'm having the same ssue, and it's driving me crazy! I'm actually using Vista and Outlook 2007.

Are you recieving any error messages?

If not try an alternative client (Mozilla Thunderbird) see if its a fault with Outlook. Otherwise check your ISP and make sure you have all details correct or if there are any usual problems with this.

this is almost certainly a misconfiguration in Outlook --
be very carefull and compair to anyother email reader you migh be using.
there are TWO halves to email; the POP server for reading and the SMTP
server for SENDING. They frequently are different!
(which one are you using?)

if you have an antivirus product that scans email, then it can be VERY different
but get straight access to your ISP working first.

typical settings look like
  • reading; port 110; pop.$somedomain.com
  • sending; port 25; smtp.$somedomain.com

email scanners typically use a PROXY setup which operates like this;
outlook <---->proxy<--->your-isp

review your accounts (tools->accounts->properties->server tab)
if you see an address like 127.0.0.1, then your antivirus proxy has been
configured; RECORD ALL THE INFORMATION for latter.
replace the ip-addresses per the settings required by your ISP​
under the ADVANCED tab, record the port numbers.
use the port numbers shown above OR those required by your ISP​

No luck!

I'm not actually receiving any error messages... I suppose the mail is going somewhere, whether it's the server or cyberspace, I'm not sure.

I've actually tried setting up my Windows Mail (vista's outlook express) with the same email account, and it's doing the same thing as outlook, so I've tried to get in touch with my email account holder... which is yahoo, but who knows how long they'll take to get back to me!

Also, FYI, it's happening no matter where I am and no matter what ISP I'm using. I tried at home with cable internet and at work with a T1, and still the same results.

There's also no interference from my antivirus... this issue just came up yesterday! Before that, no problems! I haven't changed anything!

>so I've tried to get in touch with my email account holder... which is yahoo,

AH!!!!! a special case :(

see this for the fix

hint: the more you tell us on the initial help request, the faster/better information you receive :)

Outlook 2002, Sent messages not actually being sent to ISP

I have had the same issue... as noted here... still yet to resolve it however I'll try some tips noted here unless someone else has a more definite suggestion.

I have a customer who has a strange problem with MS Outlook 2002 (XP). He
has a POP3 Account from their Companies Web Hosting Account (Hosted by
Network Solutions), Periodically his email appears to be sent (Goes from
Outbox to Sent Mail) in MS Outlook, but is never received by his intended
recipients, and NO Error messages show up. He can do a Test Send from the
Configuration part of MS Outlook and that will work. He can do a Pure WEB
based POP3 Email and that works. I've uninstalled and then reinstalled
(rebooted in-between) MS Outlook XP (2002), and then applied all updates, but
that does not clear things up. Other Computers and Users on the same LAN
have no issue sending email. Since I put his PST files on the Server, and
reference them via a users shared drive, I have configured a Terminal Server
Session for his ID to also use that same PST File… From the terminal Server
His ID works Correctly… So, I'm thinking there must be some issue with his
desktop. I've done a recent AV Scan (Symantec 10.x) & SpyWare Scans (SpyBot
S&D and Ad-Aware), Check his LSPs and nothing looks fishy!.

Same as

Hi

I am also having the same problems, it started last week and seems to be getting worse, my outlook will send some e-mails and not others. When I do a send and receive it say completed successfully but some e-mails remain in my outbox.

Previously I have had an error message, 0x800CCC0F which maybe caused by my e-mail virus scanner, I have disabled this and now get no error message, what I cannot understand is why it send some mails and not others!

Please help if you can!

Paul

Pabs0 said:
seems to be getting worse, my outlook will send some e-mails and not others. When I do a send and receive it say completed successfully but some e-mails remain in my outbox.
Anything left in the Outbox cleary shows a failure to transfer vai SMTP to your IPS
email server. The fault codes may be implicated, ie your software is buggy and needs to be reinstalled??

Has anyone figured this out. My Outlook was working find 10 days ago, i got a windows update and now only the first send works. After that, I get a send error. Shutting down outlook doesn't work. Sometimes logging off windows and back on will cause outlook to send the message fine, but only once. Sometimes I have to restart to get it to work, but again only once.

Anyone got a clue.

Oh, I always receive messages just fine.

I try to send emails from my Outlook and they seem to send correctly, outlook puts them on Sent Items, no errors.

Well, if you all want help, you're going to have to tell us how you known the mail isn't being sent! It isn't returned-at least no one mentioned that and it's in the Sent folder. So how do you know it wasn't sent?

Is there one particular recipient involved who say they didn't get the mail? Find out the ISP and then check the internet for possible Domain block. Happens all the time. Comcast is big on that, so it AOL and heck add Verizon and a few others!

... My Outlook was working find 10 days ago, i got a windows update and now only the first send works. ...

Have you tried System Restore to undo that update? If you are unfamiliar with System Restore and I'll explain what it is and how to use it. If this is due to that update, it can solve your problem.

Best,
-- Andy

I tried sending many emails. To friends, myself, my email address at work. Always getting a send error and the emails were left in the outbox and no one received it. The error message said that my connect was lost during the transmit and to contact my ISP. Enough of this description because messing around with all the players, it now works

Somehow the anti virus software started rejecting the email or the connection. I could send right after rebooting because the virus software was still initializing. I turned off the email attachment checking and it started working. I don't know what happened in the first place that caused the problem, but it is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back