Outlook or Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

3DD

Need your opinions.......

I have been using o/e 6 for some while and was thinking of using outlook as all in one e-mail software....................

From your own use which is the better to use?

Use w2k,
ADSL

Many thanks.

Hello,
It all depends what you want to do with it ...
If it's for sending mail ... and nothing else, you can stick with OE, if you want more : you'll need outlook (or something else) !!!
Outlook Express works very well, but is restricted in use. While outlook is part of the office-suite, and besides an e-mail client it works very well together with the other office-functions.
It has certainly a lot more to offer.
I switched from OE to outlook some time ago, because they changed the server on my workplace en installed also Microsoft exchange server ... and now is everybody on our network working with outlook ...

/me uses Outlook XP

Yeah it's pretty good...

I wouldn't be using it if Mozilla supported MSN Hotmail accounts :(

Never used OE, but I'd say go with Outlook if you don't mind buying Office.

I tried using Outlook once, but i uninstalled it. I wasn't impressed at all.
It takes up to 5 times to load as OE.

It probably takes up 5 times as much space.

Complete BloatWare if you ask me...

Outlook has much more functionality than OE. As stevewal already said, if you're only doing e-mail then stick with OE. The reason Outlook takes so much more time to launch is because it's a much bigger program with many more functions than OE. There is a great calendar feature in Outlook as well as group scheduling. You'll need it if you're connected to an exchange server as well.

LNCPapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back