TechSpot

Outlook PST file problem

By veej
Oct 16, 2003
  1. I was archiving .pst files for e-mail and have done this in the past, with no problem.

Now there are pst files that I ziped and saved and when I unzip them, some of the pst files outlook recognizes but some it does not and says" filename is not a personal folder"

whats with this, I tried these same files on other machines and the same error comes up.

I need to retrieve these e-mails..help

2. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 830

Are you importing these pst's or are you adding them as data files?

3. Hodsocks

Hodsocks TS Guru Posts: 535

I have had problems with saving PST files in the past and it has usually been because the files are saved as read only files........ if you change file properties to archive it should solve the problem.
    Best of luck.

4. veej

veej TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the responce guys but, yes I changed the properties and I add these as Data files on the computer which has Office XP and in the other Office 9* ones I add it throught the Tools-Service-....way and as mentioned some the other files work fine...just the same ones don't work on all the computers,

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.