Outlook PST over the size limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colleen

Hello everyone out there!
I have a problem with a PST not opening up. It is quite large at 1.6 Gig. Of course, Microsoft says that it should work until it hits 2.0 Gig but it's not working for me. I tried to run microsoft support tool on it but it required the PST to be at 2.0 Gig in order for it to work. Any ideas out there?

Just my $.02 but I would never run a .pst file that high. Where I work we recommend that users start a new file when their previous .pst file hits 150MB or so....just makes for easier storage, especially when your running nightly incremental backups. Have you gone through the file and cleaned out any unneeded files and compressed it?

Thanks for the reply. This is actually for one of our users. Our policy here is too keep there PSTs at nothing above 1.2Gig but it's hard to monitor since they keep them on their hard drives.

Oops

I accidentally posted a new thread... Well, we fixed it thanks to a Microsoft suggestion to compress the PST. Now he is able to retrieve and promises to never let his PST get so big ever again! CEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back