outrun2006,screen freezing frequently in the midst of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ani123

i have recommended configuration for running fast paced car racing game 'outrun 2006 coast 2 coast',yet every time i play the game the screen suddenly freezes(background music continues) and finally my pc restarts automatically with no error message.my sys specs are: 512mb ram,p4 2.4 ghz,geforce 6200(v.84.21),winxp(sp2) and this problem persist even when i play the game keeping every settings medium or low,no other game is having this type of problem.can increasing ram help?can anyone give any advice?

I am having the same problem; but i do get an error report which Microsoft says it's the Video adapter driver. It doesn't happen with other games.

Hallo disciple,then i'm not alone,u r also facing the same problem with that game.Can u kindly tell me your system specifications? I'm trying to run the game by changing various parameters like resolution,ram,etc,etc..

ani123 said:
Hallo disciple,then i'm not alone,u r also facing the same problem with that game.Can u kindly tell me your system specifications? I'm trying to run the game by changing various parameters like resolution,ram,etc,etc..

This is how i fixed the issue. Go into RUN, type dxdiag; hit return.
Go to the sound tab and set the slider to no hardware acceleration.

It worked for me but the game still seems quite buggy. Let me know how you got on. Oh and mine said it was a video driver problem too.

Disciple,Thank you a lot,I did what you told and the freezing problem with outrun 2006 has been fixed.The same type of problem is happening with flatout 2,can the same treatment fix the freezing of flatout 2?

ani123 said:
Disciple,Thank you a lot,I did what you told and the freezing problem with outrun 2006 has been fixed.The same type of problem is happening with flatout 2,can the same treatment fix the freezing of flatout 2?

Give it a go; i haven't got the game myself so i can't give you an answer.

Flatout 2 , screen freezing frequently in the midst of the game.

The fix disciple posted Works Well and there is no problems although it doesn't sound as good as it could I'm Betting that you also have a Creative sound card BugBear claims that it has Known Issues with Creative Cards, but there "Fix" does nothing

This is how i fixed the issue. Go into RUN, type dxdiag; hit return.
Go to the sound tab and set the slider to no hardware acceleration.

It worked for me but the game still seems quite buggy. Let me know how you got on. Oh and mine said it was a video driver problem too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back