Ouya offers apology and $13.37 in-store credit to appease Kickstarter backers

By Justin Kahn
Aug 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The team behind Ouya is finally reaching out to Kickstarter backers who were promised early access to the console and didn't get one until it hit retail shelves, or worse, are still waiting.

Read more
  2. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash Newcomer, in training Posts: 120   +34

Wow $13.37! How many games can you buy with that without having a useless amount of money left over?
  3. Matt12345170

Matt12345170 TechSpot Member Posts: 92   +16

Its the fact that they gave 1337, stands for elite. Just something to giggle about.
  4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,385   +607

"We're sorry, here's some l33t cash to use in our lame store."

I don't get it.
    Wendig0 likes this.
  5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,858   +343

Lol at the people who expected an extensive library for a crowdfunded, non AAA console.
    Hey if I had the free time and the resources I would gladly make games for ouya. Its just not profitable enough to be a full time platform for many remarkable developers.
  6. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

I've said this since the beginning: this product shouldn't even exist.
    Fbarnett likes this.
  7. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,195   +69

Yeah probably making exclusive content for a modded android version won't be a blockbuster when they can do the same for every android and win big
  8. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash Newcomer, in training Posts: 120   +34

Yes I know. They were trying to be cute, but I doubt that you can buy an exact number of games with that. So if someone chooses not to FUND THE FUN with that remainder, it's ultimately useless. Like the OUYA.
    Matt12345170 likes this.
  9. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TechSpot Guru Posts: 671   +39

Just $13, that will get them all of two games and I think OUYA doesn't even have 2 worth buying.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.