Over heating(crashing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. My computers recently been overheating(told me on system boot up) and its getting more and more frequent (every 30min about). So could someone please tell me what is the probable cause from looking at my minidumps? However i cant find the folder in which my minidumps are stored so could someone please tell me how to do that too please?

Help would be much appreciated as soon as possble.

Thanks in advance :)

jonny

Overheating is caused by FANS not working correctly... remove all the link from all fans, make sure all FANS are working. remove the case sides, use a small exterior fan to blow air thru the case. OVER HEATING IS DUE TO FANS FAILING. which causes the lack of proper air flow.
PS: Overclocking can also cause this... reset the BIOS to default.

Ive taken the case sides off and used an external fan to cool it down but it didnt help really make any different :(

I havent overclocked it either so i cant see it being that.

Dunno what it could be really.

If anyones got any other ideas it would be appreciated :)

regards jonny

touch your HDD's if they are HOT that could be the problem... warm is OK, but HOT indicates failure...excessive current drain, and shutdown to save if your bios is working correctly...

Well ive shecked the hard drive and it isnt hot, its warm but not hot. I dont know if it will help but my computer shutdown when i start to run games (counterstrike, and even some flash games) as well as also shutting down when i run quite a lot of applications at the same time such as itunes, several internet bars and just some other stuff. But yesterday i couldnt even turn it on for more than a few minutes( bwt 5) before it shutdown.

I dont know if this will help, just thought the more you know the better chance you have of figuring out what the possible cause could be :).

How do i see my bios and what would normal bios looks like please?

regards jonny:)

When it shuts down... exactly how does it shutdown.
BSOD with some error? or just goes off like you unpluged it.

if like you unplugged it, check the power cord, make sure it fits tight into the powersupply plug. make sure the prongs fit tight into the power strip, make sure there are NO BLACK MARKS on any of the prongs. does the power strip monitor lite blink or stay steady? Does the power strip plug into the wall socket tightly or loose... ?

If all check good on the power cord and plugins and prongs... I'd suggest you get a NEW POWER SUPPLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back