Over Heating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffguy

this all started yeterday i was playing counter strike for like 6 min all of a sudden my computer restarts. I thought i accdentally pressed a key or somthing but then i was playing halo not even playing starting up halo and it resarted agian.
Is this over heating? I never had heating problems with my comp before but here r some emps from everest:

Field Value
Motherboard 36 °C (97 °F)
Field Value
CPU 41 °C (106 °F)
Field Value
WDC WD1600JB-00GVA0 41 °C (106 °F)

Those temps are FINE. No problem at all.

But just to confirm, those are the temps at full load right?

Did you recently make any changes to your system?

Hopefully a driver update can fix you up, but first I'd take a look in your "event viewer" and see what it is saying.

Right click on "my computer" and choose "manage". Look through the error logs to find your crash, and see what it is pointing to.

startup

um no those r the temps right after start up do u want the temps after i finish a game or somthin?

Depending on what program you are using to watch your temps, most have a "log" window that tracks the temps over time. Turn the log on, and then play your game for a while. Even just 5 mins or so (as it is not really a good idea to intentionally over heat...).

If your CPU temps are getting up to the 70C range, then you have a problem, but your idle temps above are beautiful (wipes tear from eye).

Any error messages in the event viewer?

it says error but i dont know if it is says dhcp on it. i use everest and where is log?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back