Overclocked Graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheryllt

Ok so I have a GeForce 6200 (sadly) and its overclocked by the manufacture(BFG). Now I dont know much about overclocking except that it refers to streaching a component to the limits.

My question is how can a card be overclocked without a program or by changing the BIOS setting.

Another Question is: Is a 250W PSU (which im having trouble with) good enough for the Overclocked card that I have, or should I step it up to a 300W or 350W?

Pheryllt said:
how can a card be overclocked without a program or by changing the BIOS setting.
It can't - at least my limited imagination doesn't have other options.

Is a 250W PSU (which im having trouble with) good enough for the Overclocked card that I have, or should I step it up to a 300W or 350W?
Yes :giddy:

... so is it overclocked now? I can't tell if your PSU is good enough without more information about your computer (there are other things consuming power too).

No I havent done anything with the Graphics to change them. I asked the second question not knowing if the manufacture can OC a card.

The box that my GPU came in says GeForce 6200 OC, I just didnt see how they could claim that unless the BIOS is changed.

I have an eMachines (I know) with:

Intel P4 2.4
60gb Maxtor HDD
768MB RAM
Samsung CDRW
HL DVD-ROM
Geforce 6200 "Overclocked"

Nothing special, Just wondering if the GPU would run any better with a little more power.

Manufacturers of factory OC'd cards like BFG and XFX modify the BIOS of most stock video cards to up the memory and core clocks and also at the same time ensure that there is sufficient cooling installed or that the OC is within certain limits so it will not adversely affect the card's performance in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back