Overclocking 8600 gts

By beemerin
Jul 5, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok i have an msi 8600 gts factory overclocked... core clock 700 memory 2100.

i have an xfx 650i ultra with g skills 2 gig ddr2 800 ram running dual channel.

i have a pentium d 805 2.66 running 3.4 using my vigor monsoon ii tec cooler and it idles around 33 or lower.
    im wondering if i could clock my card any higher and still be safe. it has the factory heatsink... and i know i will replace that after a while... but will clocking my card give me any more results than i have..

Also if there is what are some good utilities to use.... or would the bios be better to do that?

I dont want to shoot the moon with overclocking but giving it a little more.... but i am satisfied with everything i have now.

also what would you say the good, mid, and high scores are for a mark 5 test for benchmarking?
  2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas Newcomer, in training Posts: 718

If you "are satisfied with everyrhing you have now", don't tempt fate, (just for a few FPS). Good Luck.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.