Overclocking a 2800+ sempron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TacticalFlow

I was wondering how i can overclock my sempron because it runs pretty cool around 40degrees. I tryed raising fsb but it cant go over 164. Can anyone give me the run down? im a noob

1. Threads/Q's about overclocking belongs in the "Cooling & Modding" forum, not here in the "Cpu, chipsets and mobos"
Now that we've got this "issue" out of the way, it might be a bit hard to give you advice with so little knowledge about your setup (yes, I did check your system setup in your profile but it is empty). :giddy:

well im using genric one stick 1 gig 3200 ddr ram with nforce2 by7 elitegroup
i dont know anything about unlocking stuff... I think i have to change the voltage? its set at 1.5 but i cant change it what should i do? My MB can go up to 400 fsb but cpu only up to 333 right?

Well I don't know many ECS boards with a lot of overclocking but here goes. Your CPU is probably multiplier locked so you're left having to overclock via the FSB. Set the Ram to run in sync with the CPU (thus 166mhz) & then raise the FSB afew MHz at a time. Everytime you do so, use the system, run a few intensive benchmarks to see if it's stable. If yes & you feel like going further, start raising the FSB again.

If the system fails to post or is not stable, you can try raising the CPU voltage (if the motherboard provides that option). If that still doesn't get it to run stable, go back to the last know stable speed & leave it at that.

Always make sure to keep a close eye on your CPU temps & other components such as the northbridge for example.

Good luck.

Hmm I think ram is set to optimized.. Or auto. Theres STD or something like that too.. But everytime i try putting the fsb to 166 i would get the blue screen. i think its still runnign at 2.0 mhz or 1.9.. Any other way to overclock? Maybe with a program?
What is STD? I can also set the ram to 200% 150% 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back