Overclocking a Pentiium 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadanman2k1

Is there a way I can get a little more out of my Pentium 3 750? Like a utility? I have a big fan on my Pentium , so I don't think it'll over heat. I won't be going to high either. I just want a little more juice.:grinthumb

I got my 450 up to 558, perfectly stable. I bet you could squeeze 900+MHz out of that sucker. If not 1GHz ;)

SoftFSB should work fine, but I'd reccomend overclocking with your BIOS.

Do you have alot of case fans? What are your temps?

SoftFSB? Where can I get? How can I do it in the BIOS? I have a large fan on the processor and a fan blowing on my tower. The room is kept a little cool also.

You need to go into the BIOS and increase the FSB (Front Side Bus)

Current = 750 = 7.5x100

Simply increase the FSB for example ...

7.5x110 = 825Mhz
7.5x133 = 997.5Mhz

133 will get you a Ghz but i'm not sure if it will go that high

also, you may need to alter AGP/PCI bus dividers if you can if you go high, otherwise the PCI/AGP slots will run too fast (i.e. out of spec)

Post back if you need more information, i'll try to point you in the right direction ;)

I'm in need of some specific instructions (i.e. "look here...") because i don't really know where to find the fsb in my BIOS. thx in advance!:grinthumb

well it's kinda hard to describe for you specifically, because almost every BIOS is different but It is generally found under chipset features.

P.S. I really recommend that you read a little more up on overclocking your Processor! I am a semi-intermediate overclocker and am currently building a custom water-cooling rig for my PC and overclocking is not an exact science, so I recommend you look before you leap.

Processors can get expensive after melting down 2 or 3 of 'em

"Speaking from personal experiences and those of friends"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back