Overclocking a Visiontek Radeon X1300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i have a Visiontek Radeon X1300 512 MB videocard and want it to play games like Rainbow Six Vegas, i´ve realized through the forums that this is not a very good videocard for playing such games, and i can see it when gaming.
What can i do to get the most out of this videocard? it can be overclocked, does anyone have overclocked one of this? it does have a fan on the GPU, but no coolers on the memories.
The only thing i ask for is 20 FPS, no more, just to get a decent gaming on 800X600 resolution. But in some scenes i´m getting 5 - 10 FPS, thats very disappointing, makes me want to throw the machine out of the window.

Pentium D 3.4 Ghz. 1 GB RAM, Visiontek Radeon X1300 512 MB, normal cooling.

Thanks to everyone...

Ralph.

one reason you are suffering game performance wise is that the memory on that card is only GDDR2 and not the faster GDDR3 and its 128-bit not the higher 256-bit memory interface. they throw on 512mb to try and make up for these lower end specs. Pixel pipelines are only 12 and not the more common 16 pipes. As far as overclocking, you can download
ATI Tool and clock the memory and core higher. Not sure what your experience is overclocking but if you havent had much experience with it then i would read up on it first because you can damage the card if you set the clock frequencies too high.

Personally, I would sell that one and buy a new, better one, and listen to suggestions from us.

It can be overclocked using ATITool.

ok, thanks dudes, just another question: Does it worth to buy another AGP based videocard? because changing to a PCI Express based system will cost me more than i can pay.

Will a X1600 or up videocard do?

Thankx...

Ralph

yes, this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102071

or this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143046

Since, you mentioned you have AGP (btw fill out your system specs), then the above choices are arguably the best AGP cards to get as it's an older graphic interface. I give you two, one from ATI and one from NVIDIA. I currently have the second choice in my system now and have been VERY pleased. But, as the computer world goes, ive been one up'ed already so the first one is probably a little better. It's ATI which you already have and it has more memory, its GDDR3 and the core/mem clocks are higher. I dont know much about that card and can only recommend looking at the specs to compare. what i do know is that the NVIDIA 7800 GS is highly overclockable and can play everything there is out in the game world now on high or near max settings.

I think you will be disappointed with the X1600 and wont give you the ummph that the choices i recommend have. If price on these are not to you're liking i can recommend some others

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks a lot dude! that will help me maintain the rest of my system as it is for a while and still get great performance...
By the way i do recommend Rainbow Six Vegas, great game i am playing now, even with low settings lol.

Cheers,
Ralph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back