Status
Not open for further replies.

deano3041

hey guys well i just got a new rig

amd 64 socket 939 3700+
DFI LANPARTY NF4 ULTRA-D
OCZ 1 GB (2X512) platinum revision
ultra x-connect power supply 500 watt

anyways i was wondering i am a newbie at overclocking and i plan on keepin the stock amd cooler so as not to void my warrantee but my temps r good and all about 28 C idle and 44 full load so i was wondering how far u guys think i could overclock and if u have any tips/software on how to do so thanx!!

your temps are fine. i reccomend overclocking in small increments, then verifying the setting using cpu-z. then run a benchmarking program, so you can compare each speed to the original and each other, performancewise. this way you keep tabs on actual speeds, performance returns, and stability. you can find these overclocking settings in your bios.

be warned that, if done wrong, overclocking can yield damaged hardware and/or lower performance, thus confusing the overclocker. this is why you should keep records on what benchmark scores you got at each clock increment. this way, should you encounter a tricky latency dilemma or something, you can get a better understand of what's happening.

hey

hey

well 1st of all you dont need to overclock dude thats a pretty powerful machine you have there .... just leave it for now thats what i would recommand ....

I agree with harrisdurrani. I have the same CPU as you do, and will probably overclock it in a year or so. But it is more than enough for now. Why risk it until you have to?

Unless of course, you are a junky.... in which case there is no help for you, you poor soul ;)

But if you are going to clock, for god's sake get better cooling. Stock won't cut it.

thanx guys

hey thanx guys i appreciate it i will probly hold off on overclocking until i start running into apps that actually require more cpu power but thanx for the compliments and all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back