TechSpot

overclocking athlon xp 2200+

By shiminator
Mar 4, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi i recently overclocked my cpu. I read about how you have to join the bridges and so on but i simply went into my bios and increased the mhz there.At first it said it was disabled but there was an option to unlock. Before i overclocked my clock read at 1.5 ghz and now it reads at 1.75 ghz and is a 2500+ Did i do everything correctly because that is a big jump and i cant believe it myself. thank you.
    my setup is
    asrock motherboard
    1 gig ram
    amd athlon 2200+
    ati x1600 pro agp graphics.
  2. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

... Actually, that's an extremely small jump. 250MHz, or 300MHz performance rated. Seems to have been done right, but again, that's not much of an overclock, and you will not notice any results without a benchmarking program.
  3. shiminator

shiminator Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

How much more do you think i can squeeze out of my cpu? before it toasts. It runs at 43 degrees at the moment
  4. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

Actually for an XP thats a pretty high jump.

You might be able to make it up to 2.0GHz.
  5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,284   +24

43C is a normal temp. You should know you're pushing it when idle temps hit the early-mid 50s.
  6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

the 2500+ is a much more overclockable chip.
    But with XP chips as cheap as they are replace it with the 3200+
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.