Overclocking failure- pc works screen no show

Status
Not open for further replies.

codez13579

I installed some program on ASUS. first i installed some AI booster i think. I then updated my bios with ezbios somethings. now the screen sometime is a NO SHOW although the PC is running (i can hear it running). also wen the screen actaully does work it says overclocking failure please press F1 to set manually or F2 to load default?

Do i have to unstalled the AI booster?
or Should i reflash my bios? do both?

Or could it be the Asus Live... I saw on the asus website something about u MUST have asus live... before reflash. but wen i went to the instructions on reflash it didnt say anything about that. i couldnt find it so i didnt bother installing it.

or....
I have an antec sonata 380watt. it comes wit a FAN ONLY power line. should i have that connected in or to the regular power line? currently the case fan connected to fan only (it sounds lower this way).

or....
the wd 200 gb with the OS-WINXP is a sata drive. it has two power ports (one for the orange N blk wire the other for the regular red, yellow, etc), but my seagate 320 gb only got one power port (i use the orange N blk wire). should i have both power plugs in for the OS HD or just the orange N blk wire)?

Sys:
P4C Northwood 3Ghz
P4C 800-E Deluxe
2x512 ddr kingmax
geforce fx 5200
wd 200gb sata (os-winxp),
storage:wd 250 ide, segate 320 sata, ibm 60gb ide

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT. I AM A NEWBIE IN TRAINING

DO NOT PUT BOTH POWER PLUGS IN THE HARD DRIVE!!!! YOU WILL KILL THE HARD DRIVE AND POSSIBLY MORE!!!!

Does your pc only fail when it begins loading windows or does it fail sometimes on bios?

the pc is running wen i push the power button. but sometimes the screen will show and sometimes it dont. wen the screen does not show i usually force restart the pc. it would then work. then wen loading up a black screen shows up saying Ameritrend (something like this) it continues to show some words/ kind of detection of the devices located then it says press F1 to set manually or F2 to load default.

it is before windows.

Try clearing your cmos, your mobo manual will tell you how to do it!!!!

You will then need to enter your bios and make sure its is booting from the correct hard drive!!!!

thanks for the info on the HD. so wat is the black N orange wire? is it specifically for sata or sata raid. on my mobo it supports 4 sata connections. 2 says sata the other two says sata raid:
ex:
sata 1
sata 2
sata raid 1
sata raid 2

my HD is not config for raid. i have my WD HD connected to sata 1. is this right?

mobo specs: P4C800-E Deluxe

I believe it means "Configuration Memory Operating System" and it should be labeled as "clear cmos jumper setting" in your manual!!!! The jumper for it should be close to your bios battery!!!!

yeah i get no sound from my pc. that is y i am ordering a sound card. cant wait to see the difference but i still want the onboard mobo sound to work. i tried everything i kno too

Have a look through your bios, i think its in the "integrated peripherals" section, you should see something about the sound card. It will probably be called "ac97 sound device" or similar, make sure it is set to enabled!!!

it is enable. after u told me to rest the cmos, which i did, the bois rested. ac'97 was enable, but still no sound i am thinking i burnt it out or somehthing mayb i hit it wen i was installing the extra harddrives of mayb static shocked it, idk.

i tried that too. but i figured out the problem. it was the digital/ analog controller. i had it on digital wen it should of been on analog. the sound now works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back