Overclocking memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moimit

Well i've been reading all sorts of things about overclocking ram and so far i think i've got a rough idea.

I have the VS2GBKIT667D2 i think :$ without looking that is. but only one stick in.

Its standard latencies are 5-5-5-15 at 1.8v i think.
I've got it to 4-4-4-12 with +0.1v using the bios. I've seen a heap of ram running this speed and i think it might have been on AT that i saw the exact same model running this. only they ran it at 2.1v which has got me a little worried. Will this effect the lifespan of my memory and if so how much. I know about the average lifespan of a processor is well outside my upgrade period so i've overclocked the hell out of that. Ram i'm not too sure about. I'll be getting some 4-4-4-12 675mhz Giel later on from a friend but with the latencies i'm running will this be roughly the same?

I have used CPU-Z to tell me a little about whats going on and something called "performance test" to check out actual realworld differences so i can post pretty much everything except the proper voltages.

Does anyone know if i should be checking up on something or maybe doing something differently?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: stock(1.86ghz, 5-5-5-15, 4:5 ratio) overclocked(2.33, 4-4-4-12, 1:1 ratio) and my performance using HL2:CSS stress test scores have dropped from an average of 107fps down to 75fps. Can anyone explain to me what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back