Overclocking my cpu help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronobono

Hello..I'm wondering if anyone knows of a program that will let me overcloak my cpu without doing it from the bios? I have tryed a few diff programs but cant find one that will work with my motherboard. here is what I have

AMD Athlon 2.2
Windows XP Home service pack 2
1 gig ram
nvidia geforce 6600 gt
Asus A7V8X-MX motherboard

Also I have my FSB jumper thingys set to 166 if that helps any.
If you need any more info let me know.. Thanx for any help :)

BIOS is the best and most common way of overclocking the CPU.

If you're adamant that you won't do it from BIOS, I have completely no idea what programs to use for overclocking CPU because I've never used them.

Well, I've tinkered a little with the gigabyte nTune, but it gave such dismal overclocks that I completely ditched that (2% overclock is maximum?!??).

well I really dont have a problem with doing it from the bios its just that i cant find the settings in there..I have looks everywhere in the bios just no luck :(

Possible to get some pics up? I'll point to you what you'll need to change.

Post them on my overclocking thread, then others can have a look as well.

Sorry I dont have a cam at the moment..I hate to do this but I will type out what it says there.. For some reason the top part is greyed out and wont let my select it.

CPU Type AMD ATHLON(tm)XP
CPU Speed 2166 Mhz
CPU Cache Ram 256k
Current FSB Frequency 166mhz
Current DRAM Frequency 166 mhz <--- all these are greyed out

these i can select

DRAM [enabled]
CPU internal cache [Enabled]
External cache [Enabled]
PS/2 mouse function control [Enabled]
USB legacy mode [Enabled

chip configuration
I/O Device configuration
PCI configuration

sorry to write so much but this is the only way I can show you what it looks like.

Is that the main page?

the greyed out area probably is just information, its just telling you about your computer.

And those with "[Enabled]", is it just a choice between enabled and disabled? Overclocking might be in the chip configuration (long shot...)

Or your motherboard might not support overclocking in BIOS. If thats the case, software overclocking might not help as well, but its your last choice.

Im thinking that my motherboard wont let me i guess..The first page of the bios just shows the date and time+ my dvd roms. I look on every page under everything that i can click on and i dont see anything that will let me change anything with the cpu. Also you asked if it just let me change enable to disable ..yeh thats all it lets me do. Thanx anyway for your time and help!

Well, sorry to hear that its not possible for you to overclock via BIOS. You can still try software overclocking, but I'm quite sure that you won't go far there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back