Overclocking Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy266

Well ive been trying different overclocking settings, and it seems that my FBS can be set to 120MHz max any higher and my computer hangs and i have to restart. Its original setting is 100MHz with a multipler of 16x so its a 1.6Ghz Pentium 4

Asus Motherboard P4T
1.6Ghz Intel Pentium

With it at 120Mhz its at 1920Mhz but when the FSB is higher than 112Mhz the internet does not work, it reads the IP as 0.0.0.0 any lower and the internet works, but it seems slower the higher the FSB is, at 100 the internet is fine.

Is this suppose to happen? or is something wrong with my computer. Also is there a way to get the FSB higher than 120Mhz and not have it hang? why is it hanging? I dont notice any temp increase when i overclock i was expecting big temp increases but there the exact same.

Thanks

Getting a 1.6 P4 to run at nearly 2.0 is really good. Overclocking depends alot on your motherboard and memory. Also with some board when you overclock the CPU you also overclock the PCI and AGP slotc which can damage the components. You might have better luck with a newer board with a faster bus and DDR RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back