Overclocking sempron 2600+ palermo

Status
Not open for further replies.

fajoo24

hi everyone,

I wanna ask about overclocking my socket 754 Amd Sempron 2600+ palermo core (1.6 ghz)....i hve Asus K8V-mx mobo which supports limited overclocking i.e from 200-240 mhz fsb increment...i hve 786 mb of ram (1*256 mb + 1*512 mb ddr 400)....so can anybody tell me is this board good for overclocking, has anyone overclocked his processor on this board, if yes then how much n was it stable???

waiting for ur replies...

Thanks

Overclocking on that board with that sempron is quite good, just watch your cpu temps. but i would not overclock at the max, becomes unstable at over 7%.

I have heard people can overclock that sempron alot with temps @ 42 degrees with stock cooling. Remember stock cooling not sock cooling. So go ahead.

"sock" cooling? Not with my socks! They're quite hot (and fragrant to say the least!) hahahahahahahaha

What you on about Tedster! I specifically mentioned not to use sock cooling!!! lol

sock cooling... lol :haha:

just remember that when you raise the BUS (FSB), you also raise the hypertransport speed and the RAM speed.

to keep the system stable, you may have to keep the RAM speed around 200MHz, so you'll have to use a RAM divider.

you want to keep the hypertransport speed as close to 800MHz as possible. your default HTT multiplier is 4. if you're lucky then your bios will have a 3.5 setting, otherwise you may have to underclock your hypertransport to overclock your CPU. This may cancel out the benefit of the overclock, but by all means try it anyways :D

pcaceit said:
Overclocking on that board with that sempron is quite good, just watch your cpu temps. but i would not overclock at the max, becomes unstable at over 7%.

thnx for the replies....@paceit...hve u overclocked ur cpu (if yes which one) on this mobo???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back