TechSpot

Overclocking with Intel?

By Chronologix
Feb 11, 2008
  1. Ok so i got a lot of helpful info (or at least some) from my other thread here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=574344#post574344

But now i am wondering if by chance i could overclock my CPU using an Intel D915GAV mobo.

I went into the BIOS and found absolutely no way to change any of the clocks, and there was a "Burn-in Mode" but that did absolutely nothing as well? Did i get completely !$@#ed with the PC I bought?

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

If there is nothing in the motherboard manual, or on the website for that motherboard, your chances are pretty limited...

3. Chronologix

Chronologix TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

It is looking that way :(

I was hoping i could just overclock my PCU and not have to possibly having to buy a better one...but even then, the best that my current mobo supports are some higher end P4s, and no dual/quad cores :/

4. k.jacko

k.jacko TS Rookie Posts: 743

If you bought your pc from a distributer or shop and its branded, chances are it will be bios locked against overclocking.
    Sorry, not much more to say really.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.