Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

anhil8or

Hey guys i want to over clock my cpu a little bit.

i have a
pc chips M870 v2.0
cpu = Amd athlon 64 bit 3000+ 754

if you need any more info ask.

i had a socket 754 3000+ at 2.0 Ghz that i took up to 2.6 GHz with a stock cooler...but then i had to buy an aftermarket fan/heatsink since it wasn't stable. i think stable would be 2.3 or 2.4 GHz without changing voltages...i only used the overclocking program that the motherboard came with.

Word of caution...

By overclocking anything, you void your warranty. Make sure you are extremely careful and that you follow steps completely, word for word. A slow CPU is better than a fried CPU.

hey

LipsOfVenom said:
i had a socket 754 3000+ at 2.0 Ghz that i took up to 2.6 GHz with a stock cooler...but then i had to buy an aftermarket fan/heatsink since it wasn't stable. i think stable would be 2.3 or 2.4 GHz without changing voltages...i only used the overclocking program that the motherboard came with.

what program are you talking about, because all i can do is go into the bios and change the cpu clock from 200 to 250 mhz that is the only thing i can change. thats in the frequency/voltage control of my bios. but every time i change it i get a black screen and have to clear the cmos on the motherboard and put all the settings i had back.
:hotbounce

oh i had a VIA mainboard and it came with this program called jetspeed of sumthing and they let me just move a slider and it took care of the multiplier and FSB for me... very nice actually...not sure if other motherboards come with those programs since they aren't encouraged

hey when i go into my bios there is a setting for the cpu speed if i up that is that over clocking it? but when i do that i get a black screen. can you help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back