OverCLocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UberGoober

OK.. what software are you guys using for Overclocking your GFX cards?

I have a ABIT GeForce 4 Ti4200 128DDR 8X.. Im currently using powerstrip but i feel the software is a lil funky and every time i boot i get that GD splash screen (very annoying :dead: )

I know that Techspot tweaking guide recommends NVMax but apprently it doesnt support my current drivers (again very annoying)

Any ideas?

MY RIG:

AMD Athlon XP2600+ 2.8G
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe (nForce2)
Dual 256DDR XMS Corsair
ABIT GeForce 4 Ti4200 128DRR 8x

Originally posted by UberGoober
OK.. what software are you guys using for Overclocking your GFX cards?

I know that Techspot tweaking guide recommends NVMax but apprently it doesnt support my current drivers (again very annoying)

NVMax is no longer being developed, so that would explain why no recent drivers are supported.

What about just overclocking it through the display properties tab / hardware options (after you have enabled coolbits. Assuming this still works in recent drivers - I don't know I am an ATi man at the moment). My Tweaking Program can enable the Coolbits setting if it is not already.

Failing that how about RivaTuner, that has options and Overclocking for TNT Upwards and now some ATi cards.

Just get the coolbits.reg . Google for Coolbits. It will enable the clock adjustment tab inside the display drivers. Riva tuner is good for setting the refresh rate to max at all resolutions for your card and monitor as well as adjusting DirectX and OpenGL settings..

i have 2 recommendations
1) - download the coolbits.reg registary key and install it - u can now over clock from the GFX card advanced menu
2) - download GeForceTweakUtility - its not in development anymore but it still works fine with the 52.16s - makes overclocking dead easy

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back