Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCase

Hi,

I am looking to overclock my ATI Radeon (x600 I think) 256mb. I ran ATI Tool tryed to overlocking then the screen went with purple pink lines didnt know what it was so switched the computer off. Then tryed again the screen turned off, didnt know what that was so turned the computer off.

I know I have done something because when I try and view my graphics card it says

ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series

I do not remember having a x300 ..... How can I do an overclock and do it safely.

Thanks

Are the purple and pink lines still there? If so you need to remove the overclock as soon as possible. If the lines don't go away then your card is broken.

To overclock you have to gently make your memory and processor faster and then test the new settings.

I tried clicking the Find Max Core button and then I slid the slider down 10MHz when it finished, and I did the same thing with the Find Max Mem button.

They went as soon as I restarted. It seems to freeze I was doing about 200mhz of memory and 100mhz of core at a time I think I should be doing 5mhz each I will try this now.

Thanks

TheCase said:
They went as soon as I restarted. It seems to freeze I was doing about 200mhz of memory and 100mhz of core at a time I think I should be doing 5mhz each I will try this now.

Thanks

Dude you must be out of your freakin mind going by increments that high at one time.

I tried clicking the Find Max Core button and then I slid the slider down 10MHz when it finished, and I did the same thing with the Find Max Mem button. I didn't leave the overclock in place either. I'm just playing around with ATITool.

It now works I do it 2mhz a time I clocked it to

Core 409mhz
Memory 265hz

Dont want to go any futher incase it burns I tryed the find max thing but it freezes on 7 minuites and I have to switch off my PC any ideas?

Thanks

I restarted my computer and they have both gone down have they been set back to default so I need to clock again?

Thanks

Are you sure you saved it all after you got the right setting.

Do it again, going up by 3 each time, until you get a stable overclock.

Once you got a stable overclock, press f10 to save your info.

Please note: Rather than making a new post when there are other replies in between, use the edit button.

Thanks

Regards Jase :)

Ok sorry. I forgot to save. It used to be 400 core 250 memory I overclocked it to 425 core 292 memory. How much more can I go, is this too far. The 3D display was still showing fine

If you are booting and getting on to windows then try playing a game, if it's good and no glitching ect... then go up another 3 or 5 mhz.

You may get to a point where you can't boot. Don't worry, just reset the cmos.

Regards Jase :)

I havnt found a tool that will keep it at saved settings on start up. My thought is that you just need a reliable computer that you never have to shut down :)

supersmashbrada said:
I havnt found a tool that will keep it at saved settings on start up. My thought is that you just need a reliable computer that you never have to shut down :)

So I have to load the profile everytime I want to keep the overclocked?

Thanks

TheCase said:
So I have to load the profile everytime I want to keep the overclocked?

Thanks
Thats what I do with mine, I load my Profile everytime my computer starts. I also keep my computer on 24/7.

*New edit* I use ATItool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back