TechSpot

Overheating

1. My laptop is overheating ,the fan isn't spinning but I can hear something is spinning when my ears is near to the laptop , what should I do

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,657   +309

Search YouTube for cleaning your laptop (include model) - you need to remove dust buildup inside - especially under the fan shroud - hopefully your fan will still work. Use large flat workspace and arrange to keep screws very organized so they go back the right way. Take to a repair depot if it looks too hard.

3. Mohamed essam

Mohamed essam TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have gone there and he changed it but the fan still not working. He said it worked with him but I will go to him again as the problem hasn't been fixed

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  4. Wendy Oltman

Wendy Oltman TS Booster Posts: 128   +16

Try blowing some air pressure, perhaps from a hair dryer, when it is on. Sometimes, either because of duct accumulation or just because some plastic particle gets stuck in there that needs moving, fans stop working.

5. oliverpowell

oliverpowell TS Enthusiast Posts: 26

Hi Mohamed Essam,

To resolve your issue, I had searched your query on Google and found some links for you, which I think will help you in solving your problem. Here are they:

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/humming-coming-from-my-pc-what-should-be-my-concerns-286919/

In the above link, you can check the answer of Mr Josephhand, he had very well explained about the similar issue another person is facing.

Also, I agree with Wendy Oltman, that you have to blow some air pressure because of the dust accumulation probability in your system.

I also advise you to go through http://www.pcnexus.net/2014/02/laptop-internal-cooling-fan-not-working-tips-to-solve.html to learn the causes of “Laptop Internal Cooling Fan Not Working”.

I think that the two above links will help you.

Good Luck!!!