Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatLined

My computer puts off alot of heat.. After running multi apps for a while, it decides to restart itslelf.. I was wondering would that be the temps offset for the motherboard or is it just overheating?? Any and all input would be appreciated.. Thanks..

It most likely is, download a program called speedfan and see what your temps are.

States my "Remote" is 54c and Temp 3 is jumpy.. I'v tryed to research for temps for statablity, but i'v come up short handed.. Could be that i'v put in 12 hours today and can't think straight.. But this is really bothering me.. Speedfan states Fan 1 and 3 are at Zero rpm.. I look inside my case and all are running.. I'm lost bigger than a whale.....nevermind.. Any Help would be appreciated..

Temp 3 was jumpy for me as well when I ran it, and I wouldn't look at the fan speeds, as they are inaccurate. The temperature seems a little high for that model of AMD.

Boot into your bios and check your temperature readings in there as well.

Your max temp for your CPU is 85c so you don't want to be getting higher than about 75c to be safe. If your IDLE temps are 54, you may be OK (sounds a little high) but what we need to know are your temps at full load. Do you have any games loaded into your computer? If you can, run a game for a few minutes, then check your temps again to see how hot it is getting.

Other than that, go through the steps in my signature for random crashes and see if you can't rule out some things as possible causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back