TechSpot

P4 Cooling?

By Dreddnews
Jul 15, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am about to purchase the new Abit IT7 board and run a P4 1.8a processor. I am so used to P3's that I haven't kept up with the best cooling options for the P4. I am not planning on overclocking. Looking for stability in my computer... What are the best options for heatsink/fans for the Pentium 4 that will work well with the IT7 board? Thanks,
  2. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

3. Butterball

Butterball TS Rookie Posts: 79

as long as you dont plan to overclock you should be fine with any heatsink/fan combo rated for that speed, however i would recomend something that is beyond what you need in order to retain the potental for overclocking.

Im partial to the overclockerz (they changer there name ) (www.noblepcs.com they have realy good products and great servise (and they started out a year ago in a garage 3 blocks from my house)
  4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

The standard heatsink & fan combo which comes with (retail only?) P4's is very much sufficient.
  5. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

You may be content with "sufficient" or "adequate" but myself, I take cooling very seriously and want something I can depend on.
    I'd recommend having a look at Thermaltake's offerings. The Volcano 7 and the Dragon Orb are both good coolers, though the Dragon is quite noisy. I believe you will find them at most if not all of Uncleel's links above.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.