P4 Skt775 Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen79

Lo guys, just wondering what you make of these Skt775 P4 chips. The standard fan that intel box with them is massive, and I found it quite tricky to attatch.

Anyway, the main point is that I noticed that mine runs hotter than I expected. Its a P4 3.2 and runs at 52-54c. Now, I had a look on the net, and this appears to be well within the temp that most seem to be getting (seeing posts of 60 and close to 70c). Therefore, I was wondering if anyone else could post their temps on this chip.

Thanks
p.s

my board Asus P5P800 Skt775 I865PE 800FSB 8xAGP +LAN +Dual DDR400 +6 ch.audio +USB2 ATX http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=6986

has an option in the bios to aim for a specific temp, and the lowest you can select is 51c which leads me to believe that these chips do in fact run quite hot.

I'd say thats about right mate, I've got a P4 560 (3.6GHz) at work, and it runs a smidge under 60°c...but its not noisy though with the Intel stock fan which is nice :)

ok, thanks for that. I heard that the 3.6 is the hottest chip out there.

Maybe because my box is currently in the works server room, I havent noticed the noise of the fan of yet :)

K, I tided the cables up (they where a mess) and I reduced the temp by quite a bit. I use everest to monitor the chip temp, and that reports 42c now, yet the bios reports 51c.

I have read that the asus boards often read high, so I am not sure. Either way, I a lot happier now.

thanks for the info.

Correct me if I am wrong ,but does that everest monitor use a surface mounted thermal sensor?Therefore you would get lower temperatures from it depending upon where it is mounted and if any fans etc. affect the readings .Whereas the intel temp monitor are in the cpu which should read more accurrately .Yes / no ? makes sense to me anyway.

Temps look good for a stock cooler, before i upgraded mine it ran at about that maybe a little less being a 3.0Ghz but with an aftermarket sollution at idle its between 23 and 25 celcius under full load it gets closer to 50, if your conserned just upgrade to a bigger more eficient heatsink and fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back