P4S333-M Hang up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greatings.

I'm new around here.. so.. hello to everyone.

I have a problem with an ASUS P4S333-M at work.
It's a pc that the only use is to control a plasma screen. it is located in a small closet and works without a keyboard or mouse. it's controlled by remote desktop and is prepared to boot whenever the power fails. it is working for over a year.
a few weeks ago I noticed that at boot (ocasionally disconnected or power faillure) it halts and opens the bios menu in the advanced menu indicating that the pc got an error because of improper CPU speed setting or sometimes improper CPU/PCI Frequency.
I checked and double checked the bios settings and they are acording to the manual. I also noticed that it only hangs up if the power faillure occurs before loading the bios. I tested after loading windows and it boots ok.

Can anyone help or give an hint? I don't know if this is a malfunction or not. I think the pc has still a warranty.

Thanxs in advance.
Apolo

You are not having any trouble at all. When a pc fails (shutsdown) improperly, the bios catches that up. For safety reasons it puts the biossettings to default and reboots reporting that your improper shutdown COULD be related to bad settings. I cannot tell the difference. When you set wrong cpu settings, your pc hangs and you need to remove power to shut it down. In order for the pc to work again to bios has that procedure.

Why it does it now and not before? I don't know. Are you sure it did it before?

It could be a dust buildup in certain critical areas like the CPU socket, causing the system to overheat.

Might be worth taking the system apart & doing a little cleaning in there.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back