P4s333 Mobo , DDR ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can any 1 plz help me out.

i've got a P4 1.8 Gh with the above Mobo, with 256 PC266 and 256 Pc2100.
everyting was working fine.

some time back i've been having cmos battery prob, and i had to replace the battery.

after that, weird, My bios shows only 384 MB available even windows do so.

i have remove the Pc266 and it shows 256 MB
Replaced it and removed the Pc2100, and it shows 128 MB

Even interchanged the slots, but the same.

Cpu speed: manual
Cpu Freq Multiple :18x
Cpu\Pci Freq :100/33
CPU\memory Feq :Auto

i changed the cpu\memory freq to 1:1, restarted, bios shows 512 MB, but windows dows not load.

getting missing config.sys or Ntfs.sys missing.

restored it to Auto, windows starts, but getting only 384 MB.

Even loaded bios defaults, still the same.

You're problem may be because you are using different memory speeds ie 256 and 266. I would suggest only using memory that are the same speed and type.

It's not that the ram is different speeds. If ram is of different speeds, it will all run at the speed of the slowest module. Also, DDR266 and DDR PC2100 are the same speed. I think the problem may be that either some of the ram on one of the chips has been damaged so that only 128 mb of the 256 on the stick works, or that the integrated Graphics is taking up 128 mb of RAM because of shared memory so that makes it seem like you only have 384 instead of 512.

Hi, There is no Integrated Graphics on the system. i have an AGP Radeo card 64MB.

i might consider ur saying that may be 128 MB on one chip is damaged, but when i change the Memory\frequency to 1:1 it shows 512 MB, but my windows XP doest not start, getting error missing Config.sys, Ntfs.sys...

when i change that value to auto, it boots correctly, but with only 384 MB.

I have been enjoying 512 Mb correctly , till my Cmos battery failed.
After replacing the battery i am facing this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back