P5K-C vs P35C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I am looking for a mother board that supports DDR2 and DDR3 because I want to upgrade to the DDR3 in the future but I don't know which mother board is better the ASUS and the Gigabyte. Both are exellent boards, but there are some differences. I've been reading several threads and reviews and I found that the ASUS has more features (Heatpipe Cooling, Crossfire, Firewire IEEE 1394a, USB-2 x12), plus better overclocking ability (I'm really not sure abut this, because I couldn't find any test about this) and is a little bit chepear, but the Gigabyte has higher quality components, it consumes 30W less and needs less cooling, but I found that it has a relatively low performance during FSB overclocking and a poor memory overclocking results: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/ga-p35c-ds3r_18.html#sect0
Also I found that both borders hace some issues with some versions of the BIOS, nothing important at all, but worth to mention.

Finally, do you really think is a good improvement this boards (with DDR2 and DDR3 support) over the simple and cheaper P35-Ds3l?

I'm planning to build a simple but solid computer , with an E4300 CPU, 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 RAM (not quite sure about the model or brand), GeForce 8500GT (or maybe a ATI HD 2600Pro), SATA II 320GB WD, Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (or the Tuniq 120 Tower), because I want a good overclocking.

Thanks in advance

If you need a good PC, then you're not spending the money right IMO. Get an E6320 and an X1950XT and you'll be able to OC those insanely. As far as the mobo goes, I have the P5K Deluxe and love it because of its features.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
If you need a good PC, then you're not spending the money right IMO. Get an E6320 and an X1950XT and you'll be able to OC those insanely. As far as the mobo goes, I have the P5K Deluxe and love it because of its features.

I know those parts are quite better, the problem is that they are out of my budget, but thaks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back