P5k-e

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in getting the ASUS P5K-E mobo and the EVGA 320-P2-N815-AR e-GeForce 8800 GTS Superclocked 320MB GDDR3 PCI-Express. Does anyone know if this combination will work? Thanks.

First off, that board is a Crossfire board. It will only take ATI graphic cards. Second, if it was a SLI board (NVIDIA cards), I'd advise to get a different card or hold off until the new G94 chipset cards come out. Reason being, NVIDIA is discontinuing the 320 meg cards for a faster card with more onboard RAM. The 320 meg cards just aren't cutting it.

gladiatormaster said:
Thanks sghiznaneck. Do you know what a good ATI card that will work with this board.

I've just used this board with Sapphire Radeon HD2900PRO 512MB GDDR3 and it works flawlessly on all the games I've tried so far (PES2008, World in Conflict, UT3, Bioshock) at 1280x1024/Highest quality

sghiznaneck said:
First off, that board is a Crossfire board. It will only take ATI graphic cards. Second, if it was a SLI board (NVIDIA cards), I'd advise to get a different card or hold off until the new G94 chipset cards come out. Reason being, NVIDIA is discontinuing the 320 meg cards for a faster card with more onboard RAM. The 320 meg cards just aren't cutting it.

First off, although it is an ati CX board, it will still run geforce cards. The p35 boards are all CX ready boards. I'm running a 8800 ultra on the chipset just fine. Now if you want to run two an nvidea card in sli that's not possible, but you can run a single card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back