Pacific Fighters Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave H

Hya all I have bought this game but when I try to play it it is always sluggish and freezes. Also plays some sections in black and white. I use Win XP Home. I use 800x600 on graphics but dont know why it does not play properly. Any advise?

We're going to need your system specifications to get started. I read your profile but post whatever you can and we can go from there.

Re Pacific Fighters

Hya how do I send the information or what do I do to get it from my system

system spec as required

I hope this is the right information you need:

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
HP Pavillion
AMD Sempron (tm) Processor
3000+
1.79 GHz, 221MB of Ram

If need more info please advise

What is the model number of your HP? Also, what kind of graphics card and power supply do you have? If you don't know that, we might be able to figure it out from the model of your HP.

Is 221MB your total system RAM? If so, that's easily part of the problem. The minimum requirement is 512MB and 1GB is recommended. Considering your fairly low system specs, your graphics card could be insufficient as well.

How do I find info

Hya mailpup sorry for sounding so dumb but where do i find the info you need is there a programme i can run then post to you. I think did this once before

Yes, there are free standalone software that can scan your system (such as SIW or CPU-Z). The exception is your power supply. For that you would have to open your case and physically look at the label on it. But skip that for now. For the time being, instead of downloading, first go to the Control Panel, System and find the Device Manager. Look under Display Adapter and that should tell you what kind of graphics you have. Also, when you click on System, it should tell you how much RAM you have.

Ok got the info

Graphics is ATI Radeon xpress 200 series under system it says 560MB of Ram

if I have done it right

Thanks again for helping me

I believe you have onboard/integrated graphics which means it is using some of your 560MB of RAM. If you have onboard graphics, you probably have onboard audio as well. That takes away additional RAM so you have a lot less than you should. Integrated graphics and low RAM do not run higher end games very well so in my opinion you'll have to improve both of those before you can get a satisfactory gaming experience.

Graphics card first and then additional RAM. However, it depends on whether or not your motherboard has an AGP or PCI-E graphics card slot as to whether it will be worth it. If it has neither, your only option might be a PCI graphics card which will limit your gameplay to lower settings if it will play at all.

Check the documentation that came with your PC or check the HP website and see if you can find a description or manual there.

And if I might add, you'll need a new PSU for sure. Stock HP PSU's don't have enough juice for a newer graphics cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back