Packed.Win32.TDSS.y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

My F-secure virus scanner noticed "Packed.Win32.TDSS.y" - virus in a .ax-file related to software (Meta Media TV Jukebox, installed a over a year ago from a legal CD). I cleaned the infected file, disconnected my cpu from the web and ran a full system scan, finding two further infections of the same virus. They were again .ax-files, this time related to Roxio DVD creator software which came pre-installed at the cpu.

I cleaned the files as well, and to be certain I uninstalled both TV Jukebox and Roxio, after which I scanned my system again with F-secure, this time it was clean. I further ran Trend Micro and Kaspersky online scanners, which also gave clean results. I also completed the 8-step program, please find the logs attached.

Now that everything seems to be clean and ok, the major question becomes whether that really is the case. I use this cpu mainly on multimedia purposes, but also for online banking. The cpu model is HP Pavilion, bought January 2008.

Thanks in advance,
Gol

Attachments

• mbam-log-2009-09-19 (11-28-22).txt
    854 bytes · Views: 10
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 09-19-2009 - 12-45-16.log
    731 bytes · Views: 6
  • hijackthis.log
    9.8 KB · Views: 5
Everything looks ok. You need to download and apply some Windows Updates. Vista Service Pack 2, IE8 and all the related missing updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back