By Gol
Sep 20, 2009
  1. Greetings,

My F-secure virus scanner noticed "Packed.Win32.TDSS.y" - virus in a .ax-file related to software (Meta Media TV Jukebox, installed a over a year ago from a legal CD). I cleaned the infected file, disconnected my cpu from the web and ran a full system scan, finding two further infections of the same virus. They were again .ax-files, this time related to Roxio DVD creator software which came pre-installed at the cpu.

I cleaned the files as well, and to be certain I uninstalled both TV Jukebox and Roxio, after which I scanned my system again with F-secure, this time it was clean. I further ran Trend Micro and Kaspersky online scanners, which also gave clean results. I also completed the 8-step program, please find the logs attached.

Now that everything seems to be clean and ok, the major question becomes whether that really is the case. I use this cpu mainly on multimedia purposes, but also for online banking. The cpu model is HP Pavilion, bought January 2008.

Thanks in advance,

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Everything looks ok. You need to download and apply some Windows Updates. Vista Service Pack 2, IE8 and all the related missing updates
  3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

4. Gol

Gol TS Rookie Topic Starter

Done. Thanks for your help!
  5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Great... Don't forget the Windows Updates
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.