Page Fault In Non Paged Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am a pc technition myself and really stuck!
i keep getting the blue screen of death!
the message is always the same "page_fault_in_non_paged_area"
it wont let me start in any mode including safe mode
i have tried to repair my xp with the win cd
completly reboot
still the same problem.
i know the fault is with the page file.
i know the fix(right click on mycomputer, properties,advanced,performance,disable the page file, restart do the same process and enable it)
i cant even get into safemode!
i know i can fix this problem by formatting, but i dont want too loose my files
i have a 250 gig sata
with 3 partitions
boot
restore
and drivers
please can someone email me the fix as im always on the move
mikex83x@yahoo.co.uk
thanks

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the fault message you are getting is the same one for bad ram. Try swapping out ram.
I apologize if i am wrong, only trying to help out.

Actually, it is possible. See here:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

Use find feature or scroll down to this part:

The Non-Paged area. Parts of the System which are so important that they may never be paged out - the area of RAM used for these is called in XP the ‘Non-Paged area’. Because this mainly contains core code of the system, which is not likely to contain serious faults, a Blue Screen referring to ‘Page Fault in Non-Paged area’ probably indicates a serious hardware problem with the RAM modules, or possibly damaged code resulting from a defective Hard disk. It is, though, possible that external utility software (e.g. Norton) may put modules there too, so if such faults arise when you have recently installed or updated something of this sort, try uninstalling it.
The

tried to install win xp on spare partition
then i get driver irq not less
i cant win!
when i treid to format it went all the way through then said error check drive is connected or scusi drivers are loaded
its a sata hard disk not a sucsi!
you think partition magic will work?

At this point you should be giving us a description of your mobo and other hardware.
However, often the error message you mention has to do with hardware that win xp is having a problem with and its usually a driver.
I have even heard of old norton av causing this as well.
Heres what to do. Strip the pc down to mobo, one stick of ram, cpu, floppy, the bare minimum. For now unhook all usb, ide(hard drive, cdrom etc), all pci cards, etc. But you do need video of course, it could be a vid card or onboard video. Then get your unit to boot up. If all is well then hook up your hard drive as master on your primary ide. Make sure you have your bios set to boot from A drive and not c drive! Then use a win98 boot disk to format your hard drive. Yes, i know that win xp will format the hard drive as well but this step can be very helpful.

Better yet, go to your hard drive mfgr site and download the diagnostic program for your hard drive. Inside this program you will find a section that says "write zeroes to hard drive". Use this. What this does is set up your hard drive to a point where its in the same condition as when it left the factory and takes care of any virus you may have. You can skip this part if you want and just format the hard drive but i wouldnt. You have to use a win98 boot disk to get to dos and then run this program from a floppy. Make sure you have your bios set to boot from A drive and not c drive! I do a lot of installs and new\rebuilds so i know what i am doing here.

Once you have done all that and if all is well then you can hook up one optical drive, say a cdrom or cd burner on ide0 (primary ide) as slave. Go into bios and change bios to boot from cdrom. Then reboot, put win xp install cdrom and go.

If you have problems, change ram. You likely have 2 sticks and only used one stick to start out so swap ram.
This is a lot of work but very well be the way you have to go.
The only thing i havent mentioned is sata. If you have a sata drive then you have to install the sata drivers from a floppy disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back