Page fault in nonpaged area BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjones

For the past two weeks I have been getting page fault in nonpaged area errors randomly, I have not installed any new hardware, and I did a ram check and everything was ok. I read the 18 page thread on this but I don't know enough about computers to do things like the pstat thing to diagnose it myself.

The error it gave last time it crashed was stop 0x00000050 (0xE43BB000, 0X00000000, 0X804E7410, 0X00000001).

Here are some minidumps I attached as txt files, since I didn't know what to use to look at them and if I did I wouldn't know how to interpret it probably.

Attachments

• Mini121705-01.txt
    92 KB · Views: 8
Got pstat working, but whenever I try to attach pstat.txt, it hangs while uploading and then get the page not found thing.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at DP.sys. Do you recognise this driver.

I`ve done a search for dp.sys, but all I can find is hsf_dp.sys. Which is something to do with Conexant modems/tv cards etc.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for looking at it, I have no idea what dp.sys is. Looking at device manager it says I have a Conexant SmartHSFI V92 56k Speakerphone PCI modem, yet as far as I know I never had any internal modem on this computer and I have never touched that. I have the HSF_dp.sys drivers as well that say they are associated with the modem. I feel that dp.sys is not related though, just looking and the randomness of the google search.

Looking at the file dp.sys it says it was made Nov 30, which seems to be about when the problems started. I did a search for the time when dp.sys was created and there was a random jibberish exe, that I google searched and had 0 results (dkfrhpws.exe). I remember getting a virus popup from symantic before the problems started at around the time it says the exe and dp.sys were created, and then it said it deleted the virus. Then I ran symantic and it crashed for the first time about halfway through.

Could dp.sys and that exe just be part of some virus? Would it be safe to delete them, since if they were just created on Nov 30, the computer was running fine before then?

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Edit: Looking at the pstat.txt
DS.sys has DP.sys F7B9F000 8192 4096 0 Thu Nov 24 05:11:26 2005
, but my computer says it was created Nov 30?

First uninstall the Conexant modem, and it`s software drivers.

Then uninstall the pstat programme. See if you system becomes stable.

Regards Howard :)

If you`ve uninstalled from device manager, then hopefully the drivers will have been uninstalled as well.

See how it goes, and let us know.

Regards howard :)

Still crashing :(

One of the values in the BSOD changed if that means anything, 0XE43BB00 became 0XE211700, the rest were the same. It probably changes every time it crashes, I just started writing them down the last two crashes.

Just a few ideas...

Have you tried disabling all of the startup programs you may have?
Is anything running idle/in the tray during the crashes - try having nothing running in the background/tray if you can for a while and see if it helps?
Have you tried 'Restore last good configuration'?
Have you tried backing up this dp.sys to somewhere safe and then deleting it from it's original location and then seeing whats the effect?
Have you installed any new programs around the time these crashes started happening?

I know that all of these options above arent certainly the best and least painful way to debug the problem, but they should at least give us some more insight on the problem itself...

Your latest minidump crashes with exactly the same problem DP.sys.

Boot into safe mode, and do a search of your computer for DP.sys.

Then as Arcanum suggests, move the file somewhere safe, and see what happens.

Regards Howard :)

What do you mean by move it somewhere safe? Put it on a disk? Move it out of the drivers folder?

I cannot restore to a previous build, I have tried many different times and every time it says it was unable to restore, then it crashes to BSOD.

Well, I accidently deleted dp.sys and it has not crashed for a few days, so I think it is fixed, thanks for the help.

LOL @ 'I accidentaly deleted dp.sys' :)

Anyway, I'm glad we helped, always nice to see a happy ending in such cases, I hope all stays good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back